Wednesday 14 September 2016

Happy Day 77

I wasn't going to post anything this evening as I just returned home at 1am and I am extremely tired, drained and exhausted of my busy day. However, I just discovered that I am petrified of the dark and I am incapable of falling asleep in an empty room (this epiphany has just been dropped on me the day my lil man went to sleep over at his other mother's house).


Today is a lovely Wednesday; September 14th

I was really tired when I woke up and I completely felt like doing absolutely nothing this morning but mys sense of commitment towards my student forced me to get up, get ready and head to her place for an intriguing session. I was finally able to break the barrier between my student and myself, I always her to speak and express herself and she felt comfortable to tell jokes in her own little sense of humor. 

After returning home, I was preparing my lil man's backpack for his sleep over this evening. He was invited to spend the night over at his close therapist's house, I know some of you will feel very strongly about allowing your 7 year old to sleep over at someone's house, keep in mind that here in Sudan (for some awkward reason) everyone is related and you end up creating bonds rather than just people you meet. My lil man's physiotherapist is not just a therapist, he knows her since 2013 and he has been to her house 3 times already. He knows every person in her house and almost all of her family members very well. I believe that allowing my lil man to explore life without me is essential for his own sense of accomplishment and independence. 

He is always HAPPY whenever we go to a doctor's appointment!

I was dwelling on the fact that I didn't want him to go away from me because we have never parted in 3 years. I miss him already as we speak but I know he will have fun. I took my lil one to his friend's house in the afternoon then straight after the little visit we went to our annual doctor's appointment who is an experienced orthopedic pediatrician. I was pleased to hear that my lil man does not need any more surgery only physiotherapy to strengthen his weak left leg. 

The appointment came to an end very late and I had to leave the hospital, however, I knew I will not be leaving with my lil man (I WILL BE LEAVING ALONE). It had to be done though, I gave my lil man a massive hug and I crushed my soul and my weeping heart so as to not feel any pain while I walk away from him. 

Selfies at the Hospital

I spent the evening with my friend sipping coffee till about 1 after midnight before returning to an empty room which reminded me of how scared I am of the dark. As soon as I got home, I asked for photos of my lil man and I got quite a lot, yet it did not change the fact that my room is way too empty and I keep hearing sounds I never heard when my lil one was around. 

Are you scared of the dark? 

Have a Great Night Lovelies (^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment