Thursday 7 July 2016

Happy Day 8

The only word I can use for today is EVENTFUL. Although it started fairly slow and quite, it quickly evolved into the most interesting day so far. The first thing I was extremely excited about is that I started reading again (Thanks to my friend Sarah) and the book is the Ann Frank Diaries. I watched a documentary on her story before I started reading  the book to give me an idea of what to expect and it was extremely grabbing.


Another exciting part of my day is that my sister had a friend visiting from the UAE (where I was born and lived for about 20 years before moving to Sudan). The visit was extremely nostalgic and brought back a lot of memories of my friends and the times I spent goofing about in Abu Dhabi. That time was one of the best chapters in my life where everything seemed perfect for a minute. 

After a visit, my mum approached me with a surprise work prospect with a diplomat who lived a couple of houses away. Despite the fact that it was awkward at the beginning and everything seemed eerie, I received a call from the diplomat and he sounded legit so far (personally I will just follow my gut feeling with this one).

During the visit, another surprise happened that got my sister stressing over her husband's whereabouts. She received a call then he went missing for about 3 hours without calling back. We ended up calling all the people we know who have some kind of connection with the police to find his location. Fortunately, my brother in law answered one of my calls and we were all quickly assured that he was fine and it was just a small misunderstanding. 

If you are wondering why I haven't posted earlier, it is simply because I fell asleep while my lil one was sleeping (and I ended up sleeping for about 12 great hours). The greatest thing of the day happened when my sister woke me up in the middle of the night to give me a couple of slices of Pizza which was perfect. After my bite, I quickly turned over and continued my sleep.

So instead of good night, it will be a good morning from me lovelies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment