Sunday 17 July 2016

Happy Day 18

Today I had the ups and downs of a month, which I am trying to reflect on and think of how I could have handled my day a lot better.

Today it is Sunday July the 17th

The day could not have started any tougher but I guess everything happens for a reason and you go through different struggles to understand the reality of people around you. The day started with a very easy private lessons that went according to plan. As you know by now I am helping my friend out in her school and trying to set up the English curriculum for her primary years. Today was meant to be the day I sit with my friend to clarify to her that I am helping her and not taking the job of a teacher at her school. As soon as I got to the school, one of the teachers pulled me to the side to ask me about my whereabouts the day before which I found extremely unsettling and so with all honesty I answered her, not knowing what she was hiding. That teacher then took me to the office and asked about what is happening with my acceptance of their offer and all that. That is when all hell broke loose and I had an endless discussion regarding my refusal of their offer and how she was heartbroken and shattered by my decision and how she will be viewed by others once she shares the news and how she felt small and how she ....... , I hope you get the picture. It was all about her! nothing about the reasons behind my decisions. The problem is that I couldn't get through to her, she didn't listen to a word that were coming out of my mouth and so I stopped talking.


It was an upsetting encounter, however, it was meant to happen for the best. I couldn't then meet up with my friend who is the principal of the school to talk further, hence I just sat waiting for her. When she came, she asked me to get some work done and so I took an idea of all the work that should be done and I was up to all the work.

My Radio Show went well as usual and the topic was hilarious as it was based on the response to my rejection of the job offer. I guess that is about all everything.

The funny part of the day is that I suffered from a migraine all throughout the afternoon and evening and I had to take my pain killer so I will enjoy my pain killer induced sleep and prepare myself for yet another fight tomorrow morning.

Good Night Lovelies 

No comments:

Post a Comment