Friday 7 October 2016

Happy Day 97

MY IMPORTANT INTERVIEW AND MY OBSERVATION ALL HAPPENED ON THE SAME DAY..!! Today was double the stress and more than triple the anxiety.

Today is DREADFUL Wednesday, October 5th

Although I was quite calm about being observed for the first time in my new school, I was hoping that my lil ones would be on their best behaviour. As soon as my lesson was getting closer, I started getting ready for all of it. The lesson started and my assistant came in after them knowing that we will be observed this morning. I sat my lil cheeky monkeys down, however, they decided to start talking about what happened in their P.E. lesson which was that some of them were not following instructions and so they got punished by not getting to play during the lesson and instead they were watching the other teams playing. Not only that but they were also punished by not playing during their break. They were grumpy, some of t hem had to hide inside their shirts, others were teary, another group started imitating the others and it was complete chaos! and that was when the Deputy Head walked in!

It started becoming out of hand as I decided to talk to them about it, and so then my assistant decided to come in and rescue the whole situation by taking the crying boy out of the classroom to have a chat with him. That is when I thought to myself "THANK YOU LORD!"and that is when the lesson started flowing and I was able to get some work done. After the observation, I was unable to maintain eye contact with the Deputy Head and I refused to cross her path nor even start a small conversation. I stayed until the end of the day, just before I wanted to leave, I decided to have a chat with her about her feedback. The Feedback was greater than I thought and I felt more confident in myself after our chat and she definitely boosted my morals more than I thought, her feedback was extremely constructive and I felt like I was benefiting from it in comparison to other observations I was part of. The funny part is that I just walked into the office and I just said to the Deputy Head "Give it to me..!!" and I quickly requested the negative points and feedback first before anything.

After that I was about ready to tackle my interview which I was dreading and I was trying to avoid throughout the week. I failed miserably to study for the interview and I revised nothing of the work I was given. I just went in pretty much on time (again "Thank THE LORD for that") and I was quite exhausted from my draining day. I was also able to crack some jokes at the end as I had no clue what to say when I was asked about my other qualifications. the interview was confusing and long but I believe I did OK in it. I tried to talk about my current job and my previous experiences within this year which I felt comfortable thinking and talking about.

At the end of the interview, I was asked to leave, but I honestly had no clue what to do and if I should start shaking people's hands or not. Then I awkwardly got up, took my cup with me and started walking towards the door as I was say to the interviewee panel "Listen to me on the Radio this evening at 6pm.."

AWKWARD..!! (-_-)


I don't want to talk anymore about this exhausting day, I am drained just remembering what happened on this day.. so Have a Great Evening for now Lovelies (^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment